Born 18 April 1992, also known as KL Rahul or Lokesh Rahul, is an Indian cricketer. Rahul plays for Karnataka in domestic cricket. He is a right-handed batsman and alternate wicket-keeper. Rahul played for India in the 2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. Apart from these, he played for IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore till 2013 and then played for Kings XI Punjab in 2018 Indian Premier League scoring 659 runs.
International career launch
Rahul made his international debut in the 2014–15 Test series against Australia in Melbourne and made his international debut. In his second Test match in Sydney, he scored his maiden Test century in which he scored 110 runs and scored 199 runs in the Test match against England on 18 December 2016.
K.L. Rahul’s T20 career
Rahul made an unbeaten 110* off 51 balls in the first T20I of the 2016 India–West Indies series. But the match lost by India. He scored his second T20 century in the first match of India’s tour of England in 2018 and remained unbeaten this time too.
K.L. Rahul’s main records
- During the 2013–14 domestic season, he scored 1,033 first-class runs and the second highest scorer of that season.
- In the 2014–15 Duleep Trophy, he scored 185 runs in 233 balls in the first innings and 152 in the second innings and named man of the match.
- In the 2014 Boxing Day Test match in Sydney, he scored 110 runs and scored his first international century.
- In 2016, he made his first One Day International and scored a century again and became the first Indian cricketer to do so in his debut.
- In 2017, he became the first Indian and 6th overall cricketer to score 7 consecutive Test fifties.
- In April 2019, he in the Indian squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cut and again scored a century in the series against Sri Lanka.